CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

My Xtndd Brk due to Children's sickness.... speaking of best to worst case scenario...

Hey, it was our first day of school today, but unfortunately, I didn't get to go...

As I woke up today, (take note, it was 5:30)I was feeling a little numb, and my throat was sore, and my lymph nodes were swollen. And, since yesterday, I had noticed little rashes on my arms and body, but I just thought it had something to do with the weather. So, I got up to take a shower, and then was about to change into my uniform, but then my mom saw me and she said,
"What happened to your neck? It's looks ginormous(she didn't actually say this exact word)". And so, I looked in the mirror and saw myself(actually, I didn't think of it as myself. It was like in one of those movies where they wake up and found out their appearance change[like in freaky Friday]. So well, my mom didn't "allow" me to go to school. And so I got grouchy and all, complaining that I already had taken a shower(can you imagine?). My mom suspected that I have lumps AND measles. I was really okay with the lumps, but not the measles, I mean, it's kinda "for kids only" thing(well stereotypically saying).
Then I called Ma'am Dollie for a favor of taking my journal to school, for we have a deadline of 8:30 to pass it in. Thank you Ma'am Dollie! Then after that, I went to catch zzzzZZzzs.. a lot of them...

Then after I took that long nap, my mo woke me up and told me that she will take me to the doctor. So up to the doctor we went. The doctor first inspected my neck area, specifically the lymph node area. Then he asked me if I have a fever, and I said yes. (I've been having a fever on and off since last Tuesday, when I got the flu). Then I went on to say that I also have these "rashes" on my arms and legs and my face and... let's just say almost on my whole body. So I showed him... only the ones on my arms... of course. And he asked me some questions, that I researched about before which are the symptoms of measles(not mumps). So after all those "tests", he concluded giving me my diagnosis: GERMAN MEASLES.

At first, I was shocked, i felt funny actually...
"Isn't measles supposed to be for kids? Does that mean I I'm still considered a kid? No way! I'm not a kid anymore. So, WDH?"

The doctor gave me some medicines that I got to take: 5 different meds every 6 hours. Can you imagine? I have to wake up in the middle of the night just to take the meds... man!

Then, we went to ate something and then went home. Then I was left here alone again scratching myself dead. You know how sometimes it's all about the mind, when (maybe) it's not really itchy, but since you think or it seems like it's gotta be itchy or, no, actually just because it looks itchy... that's why I just can't control myself sometimes from just scratching it.

But thankfully, right now, I'm feeling better, I already took the meds, took a shower, put some anti-itching lotion, and put all the alcohol and lotion and freshener in front of me(i don't really know why though).

Well, I would have to stay the whole week in my room so I won't infect or spread it to other people. I hear it's very contagious(to some people, esp. to people who has low resistance, so if you are one of them, stay away from me. That, or if you are preggy. XD) Oh, please pray that Starlight didn't get the same thing, we were both sick that time, so her resistance was pretty low, so there's a great possibility. But please pray for her. She's pitiful enough just looking at her right now.

So, I get to stay home the whole week. Is that supposed to be good... or just great? LOL.
I'll get back to you whenever I feel like it... (Megan told me to do this one... that's why. hehehe)

xoxo,
ELLEgirl

P.S. Sorry. I feel like I wrote too long. Is it just me or is it just me? But whatever... I'm too lazy to reread it or cut some parts out of it though... just bear with me...

peace out! *sorry I've been watching some gangsta movies lately*

2 comments:

Megan. said...

hehehehe..nicenice:D..get well soon:D..
keep writing:D..about everything..at least thats what i do..hahaha:D..

RJ said...

tell me about it, that journal thing, ma'am esther right? hahahahaha
i know what that's like. you're not alone. (:
get well soon nah?
and don't worry if you write too long, it's a good sign that your brain is alive. hahahaha
take care.. miss you elle!!